Welcome to all of the beautiful women fighting (and beating) breast cancer! Journey to Wellness LLC is the culmination of my imaginings during the past 18 months following my own diagnosis. This website is created so that we can share experiences, insights and information regarding fitness, nutrition and ways to continue to feel and look well throughout our journeys with breast cancer.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Recent Events and Press Coverage

We had a very successful fundraiser on March 6, 2014 at the Governors Brokerage comedy club in Bellmore, Long Island - "Laugh in the Face of Breast Cancer". We raised over $3,000 for the Strength to Strength Cancer Wellness Program of the Sid Jacobson JCC and the Breast Cancer Initiative Fund of the North Shore-LIJ Health System. Special thanks go to my dear friend, Sal "the Stockbroker" Governale (of The Howard Stern Show), who suggested the fundraiser and then followed through to make it happen.

I also want to share with you a recent newspaper article in the Syosset-Jericho Tribune about my own particular journey and philosophy, entitled, "Fighting Cancer with Exercise". I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment